Coconut Cream Brulee
- 240ml coconut milk
- 240ml fresh milk
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 120g granulated sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- few drops vanilla essence
- 100ml water
- Add water to pan and bring to boil.
- On low heat, add granulated sugar to pan.
- Boil til mixture caramelizes to golden brown.
- Turn off heat. Add 2 tablespoons water and stir til all caramel dissolved.
- Divide caramel into 4 cream brulee dishes. Set aside.
- Pour fresh milk and coconut milk in a pan and bring to boil on low heat.
- Turn off heat once bubbling.
- Whisk in beaten eggs, caster sugar and vanilla essence.
- Divide content into 4 cream brulee dishes over caramel.
- Preheat oven at 160C.
- Fill baking tray with water, about half.
- Place a rack on top and set brulee dishes on rack.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve cool.