Beef Cheddar SkewerIt is important to get enough iron and protein during pregnancy especially in first trimester when fetus is growing at such rapid rate. Studies showed that consuming beef on daily basis in first trimester of pregnancy helps brain development in fetus which may lead to higher IQ. Calcium is also essential for fetus' bone development, therefore eating diary products such as cheese, milk, yogurt are most vital while you are pregnancy.
- 500g minced beef
- 60g parmesan cheese (grated)
- 150 cheddar cheese
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- some fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed and chopped)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- salt and pepper (seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Tips: If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in salted water before use to avoid splinters.
- Cut cheddar cheese in 5 cm long small columns.
- Place mince beef in a large bowl. Add garlic, onion, coriander, ketcup, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients well until mixture is slightly sticky.
- Place bowl in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Stick cheddar cheese into wooden skewers one by one.
- Take a portion of beef mixture, flatten on palm and wrap around each skewer with cheddar cheese.
- Brush beaten egg and breadcrumbs around meat.
- Heat pan with oil on medium heat.
- Fry skewers evenly on all sides till brown or cooked.