Cream of Mushroom and Spinach Soup
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 150g spinach (roughly chopped)
- 10 button mushrooms (sliced into thick pieces)
- 15g butter
- 1 potato
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 4 cups water
- salt (seasoning)
- Boil potato in a pot of water with skin on. Boil for 15 minutes. Drain and skin. Dice and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan, stir-fry onion for 5 minutes, then add mushroom and spinach. Fry for another 5-8 minutes.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a pot, add diced potato and fried vegetables.
- Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Pour into blender and blend til smooth.
- Return soup to pot.
- Stir in fresh cream and salt.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.