Head-to-Knee Forward Bend (Janu Sirsasana)
|Head to knee forward bend|
Begin by sitting on the floor spreading out both legs forward. Bring one leg in so the sole of your foot touches your inner thigh if possible. Leave the other leg straight and hold that foot for as long as you can. Repeat on the other leg and make sure you use your back when reaching for your extended foot, not just your shoulders. Practice daily for optimal benefits.
- this pose helps stimulate your liver and kidneys
- improve digestion by massaging lower abdomen
- helps relieve menstrual problems and PMS
- relaxes fatigue and ease anxiety
- strengthens your back muscles, prepare your body for pregnancy