- stimulates spine and pelvis
- de-stress by calming the brain
- eases menstrual discomfort and sciatica
- relaxes joints and ligaments
- opens up hips
- Sit on a mat. Spread legs straight in front of you to start with.
- Bring right foot to your groin by bending your knee. Or rest your foot on your bent left knee if you are flexible enough, sole facing upward.
- Bring your left foot to your groin, rest it on top of your right foot or on your right knee if you are flexible enough, sole facing upward.
- Rock your leg back and forth a few times, exploring the full range of movement of the hip joint.
- Place your hands palms up in jnana mudra, with the thumbs and first fingers touching on each side of your knees.
- Elongate your spine and straighten up your back.
- Meditate for as long as you feel comfortable with.