- 600g strong white flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 200g dried cranberries
- 120 ml organic yeast or 1/2 teaspoon dried yeast
- see (http://rbearbear.blogspot.hk/2014/05/fertility-maternity-recipes_5.html) for organic yeast recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Add yeast and water.
- Knead dough with hands till sticky.
- Place dough onto a floured flat worktop.
- Knead dough firmly with hands for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with warm water if dough becomes too stiff to knead.
- Divide dough evenly into 6 round balls.
- Shape the dough into the shapes you like.
- Leave enough space for dough to expand.
- Cover dough with cling film or a damp cloth to prevent drying.
- Let dough rest till twice the original size.
- While waiting, boil a large pot of water.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar and bring to simmer.
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Drop dough in water 1-2 at a time when they are ready in size.
- Let them float for 15 seconds on each side. Flip only once.
- Take dough out carefully and blot excess water.
- Arrange bagels onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in over for 15 minutes or till golden brown.