Give yourself a foot massage
- promotes blood circulation
- eases edema
- helps promoting healthy lymphatic system
- eases stress
- releases cramps
- Sit down on a comfortable chair or sofa where you can reach one foot with both hands.
- Hold your left foot with both hands, apply pressure gently with your thumbs.
- Slowly stroke from your heel to toes.
- You may do this with a single stroke or by moving your thumbs up to the centre line of your foot.
- When you get to your toes, rub the fleshy pad of each one and squeeze for 30 seconds each.
- Then, grab the bottom of your toes with your thumb and forefinger and pull it up.
- Pinch the web between your toes after that.
- Massage the ball, arch and heel of your foot with circular motions.
- To finish this massage. Flex and rotate your foot several times.
- Rub back and forth just under the ankle with your hand.
- Stroke the top of your foot from toes to ankle, then end with soothing strokes up the calf.
- Gently stroke from ankle to knee.
- Repeat steps 2-12 on your right foot.