Organic YeastHomemade organic yeast is a much healthier choice. Conventional yeast uses chemicals such as lye, synthetic vitamins, ammonia, ammonium salts and anti-foaming agents. Using organic yeast is better for the environment as well as for you and your little one.
- 200g organic cherry tomatoes
- 50g organic brown sugar
- 300g cold boiled water
- Cut tomatoes in halves.
- Place all ingredients in an air tight jar.
- Shake well.
- Close lid tightly.
Day 2 to 4
- Bubbles begin to rise up from day 2.
- Shake well each day and open lid.
- Close lid tightly after shaking.
- Depending on room temperature.
- It should only take 3 days to this stage in warmer weather.
- Sift out all tomatoes.
- Use the liquid as natural yeast.
- It can be stored in the fridge in an air tight jar for up to a month.
- Add a teaspoon of brown sugar if you wish to store longer to feed the yeast.