Beetroot Bread Loaf
- 300g strong white flour (sifted)
- 10ml beetroot juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 120ml fresh milk
- 80ml water
- 20g unsalted butter (melted)
- roasted walnuts (crushed, optional)
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, except butter. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add melted butter and mix till dough texture with hands.
- Leave dough in bowl, cover with cling film in room temperature.
- Leave it to grow til twice the original size.
- Remove dough from bowl and place it in baking tin.
- Cover with cling film and leave dough to grow til it fills 3/4 of the baking tin.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200C for about 40 minutes.
- Leave on rack to cool down and serve.