Purple Sweet Potato Swirl Loaf
- 120ml organic yeast or 1/2 teaspoon dried yeast
- 300g strong white flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 190ml fresh milk
- 20g unsalted butter (melted)
- 100g purple sweet potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, except butter. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add melted butter and mix with your fingers, til dough texture becomes elastic.
- Divide dough into two portions, one portion weight approximate 270g.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes to the 270g portion of dough.
- Mix well with your fingers. You may add a tablespoon of warm water to dough if it feels too dry.
- Sit both dough in a flat surface covered with cling film. Let it grow til twice the size.
- Once big enough, split each dough into two again and let it rest for another 15 minutes. Covered with cling film to avoid drying.
- Flatten dough into four long oval sheets.
- Lay them on top of each other and roll all four sheets up.
- Place dough roll into baking tin.
- Let dough sit in baking tin until it fills up 2/3 of the tin.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200C for about 40 minutes.
- Leave on rack to cool down and serve.