Kidney Bean CurryKidney beans provide good source of protein helping the building of healthy bones. It is high in fiber which is helpful in easing constipation during pregnancy. It is also rich in iron and vitamin B which are essential nutrients for both mother and baby.
- 2 cans of kidney beans (about 400g each)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 400g tomatoes (chopped)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- some fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt (seasoning)
- Heat pan with oil, saute cumin seeds and onion.
- When onion is soft, add tomatoes and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Then, add coriander, chilli powder, sugar and salt. Stir for 5 minutes.
- Add drained kidney beans, mix well.
- Cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with pasta, pitta bread or rice, and sour cream.