Cat Cow Pose
- stretches hips, abdomen and back
- strengthens neck and spine
- releases lower back pain
- massages digestive system and kidneys
- stretches shoulders
- On all fours, place hands directly under your shoulders.
- Spread knees about hip width.
- On inhalation. Pull your abdomen towards the mat, point tailbone to the ceiling. Look up.
- On exhalation. Tuck chin towards your chest, lift your mid-back towards the sky and scoop your tailbone under. Like a scared cat trying to frighten its enemy.
- Repeat steps 3-4 four times to complete a sequence.