Walnut and Prune CookiesOne of the natural remedy to relieve constipation during pregnancy is including high fiber foods such as prune in your diet. Try the following recipe for a nutritious and delicious snack that helps relieving constipation.
- 400g cup plain flour
- 120g uncooked pitted prunes (chopped)
- 120g uncooked walnuts (chopped)
- 100g butter (softened)
- 200g sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ cup fresh milk
- Use a spatula to mix together butter, sugar and egg till creamy.
- In another bowl, mix together sifted flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Use a spatula to mix 1 and 2 together.
- Stir in milk.
- Add prunes and walnuts. Mix well.
- Chill mixture for an hour.
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Shape dough into rounded spoonfuls and spread evenly on greased baking sheet.
- Leave generous space for dough to raise slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes or till brown.