Warrior Pose I
- Improves balance.
- Strengthens abdomen.
- Stretches thighs and ankles.
- Relieves cramps.
- Relieves backaches during pregnancy
- Opens up pelvis, prepare for labor.
- Encourage baby to engage if done during labor in between surges.
- Begin with Mountain Pose, feet spreading hip-distance and arms on your sides.
- Inhale, left foot step back 2-3 feet behind your right foot. Bear body weight on both feet.
- On exhalation, elongate your spine, rest both hands on hips.
- Toes on left foot point 45 degree away from your body.
- Inhale, bend your right knee slightly and bring right thigh parallel to the mat.
- On exhalation, reach your arms straight above your head as if you want to touch the ceiling. You may choose to reach with your arms parallel or clasped.
- Breath steadily for 30 seconds. Bring your arms down.
- Bring left foot forward to return to Mountain pose.
- Step right foot back for the other side to complete the sequence.