Ox Bone Tomato SoupOnce morning sickness settles, around 10 weeks into your pregnancy, you can try this recipe. It's full of vitamin A, B, C, calcium, phosphorus and potassium. All the goodies you need for you and your little one.
If you know your local butcher well, you can probably get a handful of ox bone for a penny or so. They're full of nutrients and goodness but butchers usually discard them.
Tips: You can substitute Ox Bone with Ox Tail if you prefer.
- 1.5 kg ox bone
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- a small slice of tangerine
- a piece of ginger
- 1-2 teaspoon sugar
- salt (seasoning)
- water (2/3 pot)
- Boil ox bone with ginger for 15 minutes. Make sure water covers all bones.
- Rinse under tap and drain. Discard ginger and set bones aside.
- Bring water to boil in large pot, filled water about 2/3 full.
- Add ox bones together with tangerine and sugar. Cook on low to medium heat for one hour.
- Add peeled and chunk chopped potatoes and carrots to pot. Boil for another hour.
- Add chopped tomatoes to pot and boil for 30 minutes future.
- Add salt for seasoning and serve.